|Technical Training and Consulting
Course Announcement: MEAS403 - Basic RF and Microwave Noise
MATH110 - Introduction to Measurement Concepts is complete.
This is part of the in the measurement training series.
In this course the following will be covered:
- Definition of Noise Temperature
- Difference between Noise Temperature and Physical
- Definition of Excess Noise Ratio (ENR)
- Y-factor technique for noise measurement
- The use of adapters and attenuation in noise measurement
- The effect of reflections in noise measurement
- Putting it all together - an example system
- Definition of Noise Factor and Excess Noise Ratio
- Definition of Noise Figure
- The Noise Factor of Cascaded 2-ports
- Measurement of Noise Figure
The prerequisites for this course are completion of EE104 or
understanding of basic RF and microwave measurements, and complex
arithmetic, and MEAS101.